The versatility of look is one of the most appealing features of luxury freestanding tubs. These tubs are available in square, round, and corner combinations in basic oval and rectangular sizes.
What is a freestanding tub?
A freestanding bathtub is not linked to a wall or surrounded by a deck and stands alone in a bathroom. These tubs harken back to a time when a tub was more akin to a portable basin than a tub and more recently when freestanding tubs resembled today’s tubs. Older homes may have authentic vintage luxury freestanding tubs, while contemporary properties retain the traditional style but have been modified for modern use.
Stand-alone bathtubs come in a variety of types and style.
- Freestanding baths offer a striking, dramatic, and fashionable appearance.
- There are numerous material and finish options available.
- It gives the impression of more room because the tub isn’t attached to the wall, and footed tubs are higher above the ground, taking up less apparent space.
- It can be easily moved or replaced without causing structural problems.
- Within the space, there are more options for placement.
- It does not necessitate a new structure or tiling, but it does necessitate professional plumbing.
- No grout lines; easy to clean (unless placed right next to a wall).
What are the optional features of freestanding tubs?
Luxury freestanding tubs can be basic and sleek, or they can have a variety of features for added visual appeal and comfort. You may come across the following terms and features:
Roll-top: For a smooth finish, a roll-top tub has edges that look to be rolled.
Clawfoot: A clawfoot tub has feet that elevate it off the floor. They come in a variety of forms, both conventional and contemporary.
Decorative base: Some tubs are placed on top of or inside a decorative base, cladding, or pedestal; some bases and surrounds offer storage to compensate for the tub’s lack of deck.
Luxury freestanding tubs, like other tubs, come with a variety of system options. For basic soaks, you may pick a freestanding soaker tub, or a freestanding tub with jets – whirlpool, air tub, or combo for massaging power. Bathline India has a great selection of high-quality materials.